Pears poached in creamy Buttercream Chardonnay and seasoned with star anise and cinnamon.
4 pears cut in half and peeled
2 star anise
1 cinnamon stick
1 cup Buttercream Chardonnay
1/2 cup water
1 large piece of orange peel
1/3 cup granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Place the pears cut side down in an 8″ x 8″ in baking dish.
- Add star anise, cinnamon stick, Buttercream Chardonnay, water, orange peel, and sugar into a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat until the sugar has dissolved. Bring to a boil and then immediately turn off the heat.
- Carefully pour the poaching liquid over the pears. Cover the baking dish tightly with foil and place it in the preheated oven. Cook for 20-30 minutes or until pears cut easily with a fork.
- Remove the star anise, cinnamon stick, and orange peel before serving. Serve warm or chilled with a bit of the poaching liquid.
- Grandmas Says: Use the start anise or cinnamon stick as a decorative garnish. Serve with a dollop of homemade whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.