Mushroom Lamb Meatballs
142 inch meatballs
Many kids aren’t too partial to mushrooms, and that’s just what Angelina was thinking when she came up with this recipe so she could get her son to eat his veggie serving of the day. These would be great dipped in Tzatziki sauce, or served with pappardelle pasta and red sauce, zucchini zoodles, or just by themselves as a delicious appetizer for your next gathering.
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 medium onion chopped fine
2 cups mushrooms chopped fine (about 5oz cremini)
1 clove garlic minced
2 teaspoons dried oregano
½ cup Buttercream Chardonnay
1lb ground lamb
1 teaspoon fine sea salt
¼ teaspoon ground pepper
1 egg lightly beaten
¼ cup chopped parsley
¼ cup milk
½ cup Panko crumbs
- Heat skillet over medium heat, add oil and butter and heat until foam subsides.
- Add onions and mushrooms and cook for 8-10 minutes stirring occasionally until starting to brown.
- Add oregano and garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add wine and cook for 5 minutes until almost completely reduced (pan mostly dry).
- Let onion/mushroom mixture cool at least 15 minutes (can do this step well ahead of time).
- Preheat oven to 400℉.
- In a large bowl gently break apart ground lamb.
- Add salt, pepper, egg, parsley, milk, Panko crumbs and cooled mushroom/onion mixture.
- Mix gently until just combined and form into 2” meatballs.
- Cook in 400℉ oven for 20 min or until the internal temperature is 160 degrees. Let rest for a few minutes (or put in a sauce to rest).
Recipe Credit: Angelina Lazzara