Pasta with Squash and Buttercream Chardonnay
Summer is squash season, and what better way to enjoy it than with pasta and wine! Finally, a recipe for our vegetarians. For those who really love meat, feel free to add some cooked bacon or pancetta. We used yellow squash, but zucchini would work just as well.
5 Tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion, diced
2 lbs squash, 1-inch dice
1 tsp fresh sage, finely chopped
1 tsp sea salt
2 garlic cloves, minced
½ cup Buttercream Chardonnay
1 cup freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese
1 lb short pasta (i.e., fusilli, penne, or elbows)
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large saute pan over medium-low heat.
- Add diced onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Add squash, sage, and salt and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add wine and cook for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water until al dente.
- Drain pasta and toss with squash mixture and Pecorino Romano cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe Credit: Angelina Lazzara