T-Bone Steak Pesto Tacos
So you already know that Steak and Cabernet Sauvignon are a match made in heaven. But have you ever topped it with Pesto?
Cabernet Sauvignon and T-Bone Steak Pesto Tacos make the perfect pairing because the fat in the Pesto bind to the tannins which allow the fruit in the wine to ‘POP’. The nuttiness of the Parmesan cheese in the pesto also compliments this fuller body style wine and trust me when we say that these T-Bone Steak Pesto Tacos with this Cherrycream Dark Cabernet Sauvignon are divine.
Are you crazy about Pesto too? This pesto was a mixture of different herbs such as basil, parsley, cilantro, and baby spinach. Use what you have in your fridge and feel free to swap out pinenuts for pistachios such as this one here.
Happy dining friends!
1 cup basil leaves
1/2 cup parsley
1/2 cup cilantro
1/2 cup spinach
1/2 cup pistachios
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 T-Bone steak
1 roma tomato
- In a food processor, combine the basil, parsley, cilantro, spinach, pistachios, and olive oil, and pulse until well combined.
- Season and grill T-Bone Steak to your liking. Then cut into bite-size pieces.
- Chop lime into quarters, and chop Roma tomato into small pieces for topping.
- Prior to serving, heat tortillas in the microwave for about 30 seconds to warm.
- To serve, add a tortilla to your plate, then spread a layer of pesto, and finally top with tomato, cotija cheese, and a spritz of lime. Pair with Cherrycream Dark Cabernet Sauvignon.